IADR/Straumann Award in Regenerative Periodontal Medicine
Supported by Straumann
This research award is sponsored by Straumann and offered through the IADR Periodontal Research Group. The objective is to recognize investigators who have made significant contributions in basic and/or clinical research in the field of regenerative periodontal medicine.
Applicants must be full members of the IADR Periodontal Research Group (PRG) at the time of application. A nominee shall have accomplished significant basic or clinical research related to regenerative periodontal or periimplant medicine. There is no age restriction for this award.
The award will be presented during the annual business meeting of the PRG during the General Session & Exhibition of the IADR. The award consists of a cash prize of $5,000 and a plaque.
Nominations are invited from the IADR PRG members and should be submitted electronically to by the deadline (January 31, 2013) to:
Dr. Philip Preshaw
School of Dental Sciences
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Nominations must include the following Nominee information:
• Contact Information
• Short NIH-style Curriculum Vitae
• Five (5) publications by Nominee
The judging panel will be comprised of the President, President-elect, Secretary, and Immediate Past President, who will review the nomination materials for each candidate. Individual panel members will independently rank the nominees and the highest overall ranking will be that year’s recipient. The panel’s decision will be final.
• The main judging criteria will be relevance/importance by the investigator in the field of regenerative periodontal medicine and the scientific quality of the peer-reviewed publications as well as the impact his/her research has made to the understanding of the dynamics and mechanism of periodontal regeneration.
• No panel member should have a personal interest in the participating projects.
• The decision of the panel will be final and not open to appeal.
• The winner will be the proposal with the highest total ranked score of the judges.
• In the case of a tie, the applicant with the greatest number of first rank scores will be awarded the prize.
• If there remains a tie, the Panel’s Chair will make the final decision.
• The PRG reserves the right to withhold an award.
Deadline: January 31, 2013.
For further information concerning this award, please contact:
Dr. Philip Preshaw
Anton Sculean, University of Bern, Switzerland
Nikos Donos, Eastman Dental Institute, London, England, UK
Martha Somerman, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Ulf Wikesjo, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, USA